Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Prayer Shawl for Newtown


I've been working on a shawl for the longest time...

I started this shawl because I just liked the pattern.  It's a simple granny stitch triangular shawl that I thought might be a nice gift for someone.  I just didn't know who that someone was going to be.

Until Newtown.

It's simply unfathomable to me that Newtown, CT is now going to be thought of in the same vein as Columbine--forever.  It's horrifying that something that heinous could strike so close to home.  I can't begin to imagine the profound grief all the parents of lost children are feeling right now, or of the trauma the surviving children must experiencing--not to mention the first responders.

Most of us feel powerless to help, other than to pray.  I know my shawl is a small thing, but I'm hoping it will bring comfort to someone in grief.

The particulars are on my Ravelry page:  http://ravel.me/PBELKNAP/gss

If anyone else wishes to donate a prayer shawl, you can find the particulars at:  http://www.shawlministry.com/

May all affected be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment