Saturday, July 19, 2014

Distraction!

July 19, 2014

I’ve been having one of those weeks, yarn-wise…

First of all, my stash totals are through the roof.  A friend of mine found yarn in his attic.  Yes, you guessed it—it’s now in a big box in my office.  I still need to go through it and figure out what I’m going to do with it.  It appears to be mainly acrylic, but nice, soft acrylic, so it might be nice for an afghan project I have in mind.  This is in addition to the many other projects I’m working on.

Back to my week of distraction.  I have had an entire week where I keep getting distracted and end up making dumb mistakes with my sock knitting. I’ve been knitting socks for AGES, for heaven’s sake, but this week you’d think I was a rank novice.  First of all, I was watching TV with people the other night and discovered that I’d forgotten to decrease the gusset stitches every other row, like I usually do.  THEN, the other night, we had a new member join the knitting group, and I was so busy chatting with her that I discovered that about an inch down, I’d dropped a stitch.  I picked it back up again, but now the sock is looking sort of odd and tight in that area.  I’m hoping that with a few washings, it will loosen up.  Lastly, I was at my beloved once-a-month knitting group and got distracted…again, I managed to lose track of the decrease rows.

Honestly, what is WRONG with me?  Granted, I’ve had a stressful week trying to work and pack up my belongings to move to a new office building.  DUH…you think that could be it???

In the meantime, I DID promise more steps to the sock process.  We last left off with the heel.  So:

TURNING THE HEEL

Row 1: (RS) Knit to 2 sts past center marker, k2tog, k1, turn. 
Row 2: (WS) Purl to 2 sts past center marker, p2tog, p1, turn. 
Row 3: (RS) Knit to 3 sts past center marker, k2tog, k1, turn. 
Row 4: (WS) Purl to 3 sts past center marker, p2tog, p1, turn. 
Row 5: (RS) Knit to 4 sts past center marker, k2tog, k1, turn. 
Row 6: (WS) Purl to 4 sts past center marker, p2tog, p1, turn. 
Row 7: (RS) Knit to 5 sts past center marker, k2tog, k1, turn. 
Row 8: (WS) Purl to 5 sts past center marker, p2tog, p1, turn. 
 
Continue decreasing like this until the last 2 sts at each end of the needle have been knitted or pulled together, ending in a WS row. 18 stitches left on Needle 1. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment