Thursday, July 22, 2010

Almost done with the Set-In Sleeve Sweater!



This is the Set-In Sleeve sweater, from Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop, knit in the round. Those who know me know I absolutely LOATHE to sew, so I'm forever searching for any and all sweater methods that have the least amount of sewing possible. Of course, I've taken complete leave of my senses, in that not only am I doing an in-the-round technique that I'm completely unfamiliar with, I'm also doing it using the "Shadow Cable" stitch found in the Leisure Arts 99 Knit Stitches booklet. Let me tell you, it's been quite the challenge to decrease stitches for the shoulders, while at the same time keeping the cable pattern going.

I've varied EZ's basic pattern by dropping down the collar a bit.

The cable pattern is another story altogether. I have a very dear friend, who knows nothing about knitting; but for my birthday, somehow, she managed to find the ONE stitch book I didn't have. I didn't tell her what to buy--she just figured it out. I couldn't not use the booklet for my very next project...which is how I ended up mentally patting my head and rubbing my stomach at the same time!

At this point, I'm FINALLY done with most of the knitting. I just have to graft the shoulders, knit the collar, and (of course) weave in all the ends. Seriously, is there such a thing as paying someone to weave the ends in for you??? LOL...

2 comments:

  1. I love how it looks. I would never be able to figure all that out, you are doing a great job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete