Friday, February 4, 2011

On second thought...

It has come to my attention that perhaps I was a bit hasty in my acceptance to knit something for $$$.

I had an ugly feeling about this, anyway. A friend pointed out to me that one more than likely can't sell anything one makes from a pattern that is not one's own. I thought it would be okay, seeing as I'm charging for the yarn and my time, and I'm by no means passing off the design as my very own. However, it looks like I'm going to have to go back and read the booklet to see what the legality of this is.

At the very least, I'm hoping that I can at least recoup my expenses for the yarn...

Shoot, even if I end up doing it for free, it will be worth it, as this woman has been a very good friend to my partner.

1 comment:

  1. You can sell one copy of a pattern you bought, it's not like you're putting in production in some Chinese jail. However the reason precious few people knit for money is that you can't make a living at it. Probably the $300 would net you less than half the minimal wage. So labor of love, yes, but labor labor? Forget it..

    ReplyDelete